This project consisted of a State Significant Development Application that would accommodate the College’s demands for facilities until approximately 2027. The concept approval involved the future building footprints, building envelope and height, landscaping scheme, as well as future car and bicycle parking provisions. A key aspect of the proposal was to achieve Development Consent for a maximum of 1,900 students, which would then allow construction of the associated buildings in stages.
The approved development comprises the following:
- K–12 Educational establishment and early learning centre;
- Student capacity of up to 1,900 students and 80 places early learning centre;
- Building footprints, envelopes and heights;
- Earthworks, landscaping; and
- An internal road network inclusive of car and bicycle parking.
City Plan provided strategic planning advice and assisted with the preparation of a State Significant Development Application for the College’s expansion. Specifically, our services included:
- Preparation of SEARs;
- Review and advice on specialist reports;
- Conduct Community Consultation to assist with informing the proposal’s design;
- Attend pre-lodgment meetings with the NSW Government Architect; Preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement;
- Online and in person lodgment of the application with NSW Department of Planning & Environment (DPE) Ongoing liaison with DPE to attend to any queries during the course of the application’s assessment and facilitate Development Consent; Responding to public submissions; and,
- Interpretation of Development Consent conditions.