The new Somerset Hospital will provide oncology services (medical & radiation oncology, & surgical procedures) in the Penrith Local Government Area. This facility will enable a high volume of surgery that was previously delivered outside the area to be handled locally & allow doctors to deliver integrated cancer treatments to patients closer to home.
The new 4 storey centre features 6,300 sqm of private hospital & specialist health services. The facility includes:
- Professional suites for healthcare service providers
- Five operating theatres
- 16 private hospital rooms
- Day treatment facilities
- A radiation therapy linear accelerator
- A broad range of diagnostic services
- Cafe & public domain spaces
- 4 levels of basement carparking.
City Plan was engaged to provide BCA advice & certification services for all stages of the development including:
- Demolition works
- Base building works
- Various fitouts of medical suites
- DA signage