Shepherds Bay is an urban renewal precinct along the Parramatta River, within the Ryde LGA. The precinct is a former industrial estate, currently being converted into a mixed use precinct with medium to high density residential developments being the predominant land use. The precinct will also benefit from a high level of public amenity in the form of a generously sized public park along the foreshore, as well as dedicated pedestrian and bicycle paths. Most of the precinct’s renewal will be delivered by Concept Approval MP09_216 issued by the NSW Planning Assessment Commission on 6 March 2009.
Construction of 3 residential flat buildings between 6 – 10 storeys in height, the buildings will include a total of 422 apartments over basement car parking and open public space. A single storey commercial building is also proposed on the site (Stages 8 & 9).
Our involvement in delivering the various statutory approvals includes:
- Ongoing pre & post application lodgement liaison the NSW Department of Planning & Environment (DPE) & the City of Ryde Council.
- Ongoing liaison & coordination of various sub consultants for the purposes of preparing the relevant applications. This includes collating all application materials & attendance at either DPE or Council offices to lodge the applications.
- Consideration & preparing responses to any requests for additional information provided by either DPE or Council.
- Attendance at Joint Regional Planning Panel meetings to represent the client.
- Critical analysis of any draft development consents or instruments of approval for the purpose of ensuring conditions of approval, including ‘S94 Developer Contributions’, are reasonable and deliverable.
Establishment and ongoing coordination of a Design Excellence Competition.