City Plan Strategy & Development has been involved in advising on numerous developments within Wentworth Point (formerly Homebush West), seeing this former industrial area transformed into a major new waterfront suburb in the heart of Sydney.
This waterfront site was the subject of a Concept Plan Approval granted by the Minister for Planning in 2008. Subsequent applications for this site were dealt were lodged with Auburn City Council, and determined by the Joint Regional Planning Panel as necessary.
Implementation of the project was undertaken via a series of development applications, with a combined value of $200 million, for the following elements:
- Demolition, subdivision, roads, infrastructure and public domain works
- Block A – 174 apartments within buildings of 4 – 8 storeys
- Block B – 154 apartments within buildings of 4 – 8 storeys
- Block C – 148 apartments within buildings of 4 – 8 storeys
- Block D – 138 apartments within buildings of 4 – 8 storeys
City Plan Strategy and Development was commissioned to provide strategic planning advice for each element of the project, in addition to statutory planning services comprising the preparation of Statements of Environmental Effects, co-ordination of development application documentation and negotiation with relevant agencies throughout the approvals process.
The Joint Regional Planning Panel resolved to grant consent to the applications for Blocks C and D in December 2011.