The GWS Giants state of the art training and administration building is located within the Sydney Olympic Park precinct – a short distance from the club’s training oval and Giants Stadium. The facility aims to rival the elite training facilities of any sporting club in Australia. The centre will also be used to provide educational and community programs for thousands of young people from Western Sydney.
The site has been undergoing extensive staged redevelopment & when completed includes:
- Refurbishment of an existing building
- Construction of a new office building
- An 8 metre high gymnasium featuring an indoor training field and athletics track
- Spacious and well-equipped gymnasium
- Recovery areas, as well as a players’ lounge
- Auditorium & meeting rooms.
- Swimming pool
- Upgrades to the training field to include lighting towers
The player facilities include an internal kicking area, ice baths, medical facilities as well as lounge, kitchen and dining areas.
City Plan was engaged to provide BCA & accessibility advice and/or certification services for a number of separate projects at this site
- Alterations and addition to GWS Giants training facility including auditorium, amenities, swimming pool & landscaping
- Installation of 4 lighting towers to the boundary of the GWS Giants training field.