The project involves the construction of a new hospital building & major refurbishment works at Gosford Hospital & construction of a new Health & Wellbeing Precinct (Stage 1) adjacent to the existing hospital.
The development aims to achieve significant improvements in operational capacity; remedy the sub-standard facility environments; develop a facility to enable staff/clinicians to implement contemporary models of care to better meet the needs of the community; expand capacity to respond effectively to projected demand for urgent & immediate care needs; reduce demand for overnight beds & length of stay; meet the health care needs of the growing aged population; attract & retain a skilled & sustainable workforce; improve accessibility to & within GH; and provide additional parking to meet the demands generated by the hospital.
A summary of the development is below:
- Road closures & road upgrades;
- Demolition & bulk excavation;
- Construction of a new 11 level hospital “wing” of approximately 37,500sqm GFA that will “link in” to the refurbished existing hospital areas;
- Construction of a new multi-storey carpark with 800 car spaces, covered pedestrian link between the HWP & main hospital entrance, plus 2 buildings above the multi-storey carpark to accommodate health, health administration &/or government administration totalling approximately 14,685sqm GFA with associated retail spaces;
- Landscaping, signage and subdivision & lot consolidation.
CPSD was engaged by Health Infrastructure to prepare a State Significant DA for the redevelopment. Ultimately, CPSD concluded that the development would result in significant social benefits for the local community & in the absence of any adverse environmental (& other) impacts, the proposed development firmly upheld the public’s interest.