The building referred to as Block 4N is one of 3 buildings which wrap the corner of Broadway & Abercrombie Street in the newly created Central Park precinct in Sydney’s CBD (the former Carlton United Breweries redevelopment site). Aiming to be Australia’s first 5 green star development, the development includes green roofs plus the orientation of the buildings are designed to maximise natural light and ventilation.
Block 4N is a mixed use development comprising of the following components:
- Construction of a 19 storey high rise tower over basement car parking
- Retention, refurbishment & alterations to the Australian Hotel & Abercrombie Terraces to include a heritage courtyard
- 313 luxury residential apartments
- Hotel including 5 storeys of apartments
- 5000sqm commercial office space
- Hotel use, ancillary guest & visitor facilities including gym & pool
- Childcare facility
- Public domain works, landscaping & bicycle parking
- Business identification signage
City Plan was responsible for the provision of advice in relation to the Building Codes of Australia (BCA) and certification of all stages of the Central Park precinct, including Block 4N.