Between 2008 – 2011, City Plan Strategy & Development was responsible for the preparation & project management of two Planning Proposals to rezone a site in the Strathfield LGA.
Following the successful rezoning, in 2011, a Development Application was lodged with Council for the redevelopment of the site for a mixed use development which included the following:-
- Demolition of all existing structures on the site
- Construction of two new buildings (6 & 7 storeys) connected by walkways
- Three levels of basement car parking for a total provision of 170+ car parking spaces
- The proposed uses were as follows:-
- A café with a large seating area
- A restaurant and bar with a seating capacity for 130 persons
- A conference / function centre with a seating capacity for 100 persons
- Three professional consulting rooms
- 30 serviced apartments (mix of one and two bedroom)
- 39 motel units
- A rooftop swimming pool and communal landscaped area
The western part of the site, previously owned by Telstra Corporation, was rezoned from Special Uses 5(a) to Business (Special) 3(b). The eastern part of the site was more recently rezoned from Residential 2(b) to Business (Special) 3(b).
Subsequent to approval of the planning proposals, CPSD were responsible for the preparation of the Statement of Environmental Effects which accompanied the Development Application to Strathfield Council for a mixed use development. This included the management of the entire planning approvals process from the initial strategic advice phase through to environmental assessment and post-lodgement liaison with the Council. CPSD was also involved in representing the Client at the Joint Regional Planning Panel Meeting where the Council’s recommendation for refusal was successfully overturned.