The conversion of 36 Carrington Street to a quality boutique office building with ten levels of office accommodation, two storeys of retail and one basement level has given new life to this once tired commercial building from the 1970s. The property overlooks Wynyard Park, and is adjacent to Wynyard bus and rail interchange making it a much sought after central CBD location.
Alterations & additions to the existing office building including:
- Strip out and refurbishment of all internal office floors
- New double height lobby (with basement end-of-trip facilities)
- Additional dual height floor facilitated by the consolidation of the rooftop plant
- Services and plant upgrade including the extension of the lift shaft to service the new top floor
- New roof structure and bespoke facade works to the western elevation and activated retail frontage to Carrington Street and Wynyad Lane
- 5 star NABERS Energy rated base building compliance
Consideration also needed to be given to the neighbouring heritage listed building during all stages of construction – to minimise vibration and possible damage to the structure.
City Plan was engaged to provide BCA advice and Certification services for all stages of the development including:
- Removal of all existing ceiling, building services, partition walls and finishes as required to facilitate the removal of the existing mechanical system;
- Refurbishment works including new facade and Fire safety upgrade.