City Plan is an industry leading specialist consultancy consultancy who takes pride in being known for their integrity and high quality of service. With offices in Sydney, the Central Coast and the Gold Coast, we provide services in the areas of Building Regulations and certification services, Accessibility and Heritage advice.
Our building team is seeking to appoint a Registered Building Surveyor (Private Certification) to join our Sydney team and Gold Coast teams on a full time basis.
This opportunity will appeal to suitably qualified and motivated Building Surveyors, who are looking to expand their professional expertise through working on a range of exciting and complex projects across NSW and Australia.
We are looking for enthusiastic & competent employees who have experience in dealing with Class 2 – 9 Buildings and are able to work independently within in a team environment. The company is currently dealing with numerous applications for multi-unit & mixed-use developments, aged care developments, retail & commercial fitouts, for which the successful candidate will play a major role in managing on a day to day basis.
The successful applicants will be expected to carry out all the standard roles of Registered Building Surveyor, a Principal Certifier, and BCA Regulations Consultant, including but not limited to:
- Producing building approvals for all classes of buildings,
- Working with architects and other design consultants to provide BCA compliance advice on development in all sectors,
- Liaising with referral authorities such as NSW Fire Brigades and QFES in respect to statutory requirements,
- Negotiations on behalf of owners with Local Councils relating to fire upgrading orders and other related compliance matters,
- Preparation of Building Code of Australia audits reports on existing buildings & developing fire upgrade strategies
- Annual fire safety statement reviews and certifications.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, pay attention to detail and provide a professional and courteous attitude when liaising with clients to focus upon and expand established client relationships. Time management & organisational skills, an ability to prioritise, implement instructions and complete tasks unsupervised and in a timely manner whilst working as part of a team is essential
Our selection criteria for this position will include:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role with private practice or Council
- Department of Fair Trading Registration – Registered Building Surveyor (restricted class 1a & 10) or QBCC Licence Level 3 is a minimum requirement.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Co-Ordination would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979 with excellent technical knowledge of buildings of all classes and types,
- Demonstrated interest in Building Control including an understanding of the Building Code of Australia and willingness to broaden this knowledge
- A valid Australian driver’s licence.
What’s in it for you:
Remuneration packages will be negotiated commensurate with qualifications and experience and will include:
- competitive base salary;
- annual performance bonus;
- annual professional development allowance;
- mentoring opportunities;
- payment of annual membership (Association of Australian Certifiers); and
- vibrant, supportive office environment.
The successful applicant will be required to start as soon as possible.
A salary shall be negotiated dependant on the level of skill and experience demonstrated by the applicant.
For more information on this role, please contact Kim Bennett:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 02 8270 3500
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.