The early months of 2022 have seen many changes to the Environmental Planning & Assessment (EP&A) Regulations which affect all classes of building works for both building approvals (Construction Certificates and Complying Development Certificates) and Occupation Certificates. The changes include the introduction of a new regulation for development certification and fire safety, changes in terminology, and updates to the EP&A Regulation to create a 2021 version.
As of 01 January 2022, any application for a Construction Certificate or Occupation Certificate will need to comply with the requirements of the new Environmental Planning & Assessment (Development Certification & Fire Safety) Regulation 2021. A link to the related legislation can be found here:
In addition, as of 01 March 2022, any application for a Complying Development Certificate will need to comply with the requirements of the new Environmental Planning & Assessment Regulation 2021.
Guidance documents summarising key changes can be found below:
- EP&A Regulation Overview guide
- Designated Development guide
- Development Assessment and Complying Development guide
- Infrastructure and Environmental Impact Assessment guide
- Planning certificates guide
- Sections guide: this contains the new numbering of the sections in the 2021 EP&A Regulation
If you have any questions about how these changes may affect your development, please let us know. Our team can be contacted on 02 8270 3500.