We place a special emphasis on striking a positive balance between appropriate change and the retention of cultural values.
As advice on heritage issues is becoming a more specialised service, we offer a full range of services including:
Heritage Impact Statements
- Advice on the design to ensure the best outcome for the place's heritage significance.
- Assessment of the Heritage Significance of the place based on documentary evidence.
- Assessment of the proposed works and of any impact on heritage issues against the relevant heritage planning provisions and in accordance with best practice heritage guidelines.
- Assessment of the significance of a place having regard to the documentary and physical evidence, and in accordance with the NSW Heritage Assessment criteria.
- Opportunities and constraints to inform the management of heritage assets.
Conservation Management Plans
- Written conservation management document to advice owners on why an item is significant and how its value can be conserved while ensuring future viability. The advice is based on the three-step NSW Heritage Management System - investigate significance, assess significance and manage significance through policies and conservation strategies to achieve long term viability of the place.
- Understanding of the heritage character and values of a local government area or parts of the area to inform the strategic planning for it made by the relevant council.
- Often a heritage requirement when an item will be demolished or with change of use, heritage interpretation tells the history and story of the place via a series of graphic panels, guided walks and displays guided by Interpretation Strategies and Plans.
Conservation Architect Services
- Specialist technical advice before and during construction and provision of sign-off for occupation certificates.
- Undertaking expert photography and compiling digital and hard copy reports in accordance with the NSW Heritage Office guidelines.
Archaeological Assessments & Coordination of Archaeological Services
- Provision of desktop research, archival searches and site surveys in order to inform the location, identity and management of any archaeological resources across the site.
- We provide sub contracting and management of archaeological site work in order to meet the NSW and Australian legislative requirements.
Development Assessments and Peer Reviews
- Provision of independent heritage advice to assist councils' in their assessment of heritage related DAs or a second opinion on council's own assessment.